JeffCo offering storm debris clean up | News
JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- Jefferson County commissioners voted Thursday to pitch in and help where they can with the debris clean up from recent storms.
Last week strong winds caused widespread damage in the county. The commission's vote will allow road crews to pick up debris. To make sure yours is picked up, you must call the county and all debris must be brought to the side of the road.
Commissioners say that they want to hear from homeowners directly so they can focus their efforts and money in areas that have been damaged.
If you live in in the western or southern part of the county, call the Bessemer Maintenance Camp at 205-481-4228. If you live in the easter or northern part of the county, call the Ketona Camp at 205-849-2321.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck