Historic train pulls into Irondale shopping center | News
IRONDALE, AL (WBRC)- Wednesday afternoon a historic trained pulled into Birmingham to take its place as part of the newly renovated Station at Grants Mill.
The restored, 100 ton train is a mixture of train cars from the 1920s and 1950s and was restored by Don Early of Sumiton. The new owner of the Irondale shopping center says the train cars will eventually house shops and a restaurant.
When renovations are complete in May, the center will include a dog park, zipline course, some Irondale city departments, a police outreach center and of course shops.
Owner Mark Gold says that the retail space is 95 percent full.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck